Want to know what features are offered on Netflix? Having an issue trying to stream your favorite movie? Need some assistance to upgrade your plan? Well, Netflix’s customer support is considered to be one of the best in the business. In this article, we give you all the information you’ll ever need to get in touch with the streaming giant.
Unless you’ve been living like a hermit for the past decade, you’d know that Netflix is indeed like the male head of a patriarch family in the digital media streaming sphere. Originally, it had kicked off as a DVD rental company based in the United States that also offered VOD online. Soon, Netflix forayed into movie and TV production and created some of the most critically acclaimed content. As we know, the rage caught on rapidly and Netflix expanded into several other countries across the globe. At present, the membership count stands at approximately 104 million subscribers (worldwide). It was this very reason that customer service became the company’s prime focus. But if you think about it, it was their excellent customer support that caused the user base to widen in the first place.
Also check how much does Netflix cost?
How to Connect with Netflix Customer Service?
Whether you’re a first-time user or an existing customer with any kind of query, Netflix is there to help you, 24/7. The most common way of getting in touch with them is through a phone call. Alternatively, you may also use the “Live Chat” option, social media pages, or the community forum to get your issue resolved.
Through Phone Call:
If your issue is more complex or you feel the need to speak with an executive personally, calling them up is your best option.
Here are the contact details for those in the U.S.:
For Existing Subscribers – Dial 1-800-585-7265 or sign-in and click Help Center under your account. Then scroll all the way down and select “Call Us”.
For Potential Subscribers – If you’re not Netflix subscriber yet and wish to know more about their service, dial 1-866-579-7172.
Here is the country-wise list of phone numbers for users residing outside of the U.S.:
- U.K – Call 0870 0421126 to ask them any queries regarding your subscription or dial the toll free number 0800 096 6379.
- Canada – Dial 1 888 811 9842 for 24 hours support in English and 1 888 811 6619 if you prefer French.
- Australia – Dial 1800 071 578 for round the clock support.
- Mexico – 01 800 112 4966
- Bolivia – Dial +1 408 329 9558 (English and Spanish)
- Brazil – Call 0 800 086 4041 for support in Portuguese, between 8 am to 11 pm local time.
- Chile – 1230 020 0199 (Spanish)
- Colombia – 01 800 518 1933 (Spanish)
- Costa Rica – +1 408 469 4467 (Spanish and English)
- Guatemala – +1 408 600 1719 (Spanish or English)
- Peru – 0 800 54979 (Spanish)
- Uruguay – Dial +1 408 600 17 22 (Spanish and English)
*Note that customer service over the phone in all the above mentioned South American/Central American countries is available from 11 am to 8 pm Central Time, unless otherwise specified.
- Netherlands – Call 0800 022 9859 for service in Dutch or English, between 10 am to 10 pm local time.
- Denmark – Call 8025 1250 for service in English (24/7) and 8025 1252 for service in Dansk, between 12 pm to 8:30 pm local time.
- Finland – Call 0800 915 561 for service in English (24/7) or 0800 915 563 for service in Finnish, between 11 am to 7:30 pm local time.
- Norway – Call 800 69 934 for service in English (24/7) or 800 69 936 for service in Norwegian, between 12 pm to 8:30 pm local time.
- Sweden – Call 020 79 06 35 for service in English (24/7) or 020 79 06 37 for service in Swedish, between 12 pm to 8:30 pm local time.
Remember that Netflix does not have a direct phone call facility in all regions. In that case, you may call them through the mobile app on either iOS or Android platforms, using your internet.
Through Live Chat:
Starting a live chat is fairly quick and easy. If your problem is small enough to be typed and you need an immediate response, simply click on the “Start Live Chat” button at the bottom of the Help Center page. It’ll pull up a few quick links before starting the chat for common issues such as “Need to reset password”, “Cannot find a TV show or Movie”, and “Need to update payment method”. You can either select one of those links or click on “Tell us what your issue is”. You’ll literally have an agent reach out to you in under a minute.
Through Social Media/Community Forum:
If you’re simply seeking some updates regarding the recent additions or upcoming features, you can check out the Netflix community. Subscribers normally use it as a means to discuss and review content and also post their feedback/grievance about the service.
Netflix also boasts of a huge social media presence. Since most of us spend a large chunk of time on social networks, this seems like a very convenient way of reaching out to them. You can post a complaint or suggestion on their support page and expect a reply within a day or so. Here are the links to Netflix support pages –
FAQs for Quick Solutions:
When an issue comes up, our first reaction is to find a way to contact the customer service. But oftentimes, the answer to our query lies right under the FAQ section that we normally tend to ignore. These are basically the most commonly asked questions as per the customer service team. FAQs help in reducing the time and effort required to resolve an issue, for both the parties. Here is the link to all the FAQs and how-to queries for your reference – Netflix Help Page
Today, there are plenty of streaming services such as Hulu and Amazon Prime Video out there that work on a similar model as Netflix. While they maybe quite similar in terms of interface or content selection, Netflix has definitely set itself apart by virtue of such an efficient customer support system. They are super quick with their responses! Moreover, there are instances where customer service agents have communicated with users assuming a certain movie/TV character just to add some humor and a personal touch. Who likes a robotic/scripted approach anyway? Point being, you’re sure to have a wonderful experience regardless of your reason for contacting customer service.
With all the information we’ve provided, we hope that your overall experience gets even smoother and that you find a solution to your issue at the earliest.