Port MTK custom ROMs to all other chipsets
Porting Rom to your android device from one MTK device to other MTK device, sounds interesting. Right? Yes! Today We Dreamy Tricks is going to show you How to port roms from one MTK to another MTK chipset, it doesn’t matter whether they are :
We are updating this mtk rom porting guide. Many guys were having some problems with this guide to port mtk rom with ease. As, porting rom for mtk device is so much easy, so we Dreamy Tricks is updating this post to share more details about how to port mtk rom. We have tried our best to share as much knowledge as we can on this guide to port mtk rom.
After reading this guide, I am damn sure, You can easily port rom from these chipsets to another chipsets. Yes! MTK rom porting is super easy. You can easily port roms to your MTK device without any bugs. New MTK devices get launch every day and buying device, you feel sad as there is no custom rom, but you can port rom for your device by your own.
What are Custom ROMs?
They are basically custom firmwares by developers like me and you.So, we have decided to share mtk porting guide to port rom for mtk device. As, most of companies launches new android mobile everyday, So they don’t put latest updates for old android mobiles i.e : Latest android version updates like Kitkat or Lollipop. Custom roms are basically made to unlock all potential of android mobile, by changing user interface and other things or to improve battery life.
For which chipset given porting guide will work?
Below guide to port mtk rom will work for different chipsets which we are listing below:
- Port from MTK6589 rom to MTK6582
- Port MTK6589 rom to MTK6577
- Port MTK6582 to MTK6589
Basic Requirement to port MTK rom :
Check out some basic requirements to port mtk rom for your MTK chipset device:
- Some basic Computer knowledge
- A PC, or laptop.
- BASE ROM ( Which you want to port for your device)
- STOCK ROM (Your mobile stock rom with all system files extracted with build.prop)
More details about this mtk rom porting guide:
- This porting guide will work for ICS to ICS and JB to JB (Base version 4.1).
- Still, there are some chances for later version of JB like 4.2 and 4.3.
Guide to Port MTK ROM:
- Extract the PORT rom.
- After extraction, you will get these files or folder :p : Meta-INF , System and boot.img.
- Now, you are ready with your PORT ROM files.
- Now, open “System” Folder of both PORT and BASE rom.
- Now, open bin folder of your STOCK ROM and Copy these files : “pq” and “vold”.
- Replace both files from STOCK to PORT.
- Now, again Open lib folder of your STOCK ROM and copy these files.
Also see : List of Best Android Launchers NEW 2017
- Replace these files again to PORT ROM again to lib folder.
- Again, open etc folder of STOCK folder and copy these files :
- Now, again Replace these files from STOCK to PORT.
- Now, Open PORT ROM and delete this Folders :
- So, Now paste all these folders which you has deleted in PORT ROM from STOCK.
- And the Last step, Replace boot.img from STOCK to PORT.
- You must have WinRAR installed in your PC. Right? If it is not installed yet, then install it from here.
- Just, Compress your PORT folder now, and your custom ROM zip is ready to be flashed.
Some tips for flashing your first MTK custom ROM:
We have decided to share for newbies who is following our guide to port rom for their MTK devices. I would like to share some points like:
- First boot takes some time always. (So, Keep patience).
- Always do a clean flash of your new ROM. (Delete all data, cache and system files).
- If ROM is stuck on BootLogo or you are facing a bootloop, then check each and every step carefully.
- If still, ROM is not booting take a LogCat and try to understand which file is creating boot issue or bootloop.
Enjoy our MTK porting guide, do share it with your friends. Happy flashing.
Must check : List of best root apps 2016
Are you facing any problem? Feel free to comment below.
- MTK Rom porting method
- MTK rom porting guide